

This year our family will be spending Christmas in CA because my brother-inlaw is getting married on the 27th in the San Diego Temple (yah for kevin & cindy!)
Because of this fact I thought it would be fun to have our own family Christmas this past Saturday...one where we could wake up and open presents and hang out together with low stress and such.
After thinking somewhat long and hard about the gifts to get for Paisley and Bentley, I ended up finding some great items on Craigslist. (Totally the smartest thing to do for big baby items such as swings, bouncers...etc. Babies only use these items for a few months and then people get rid of them for super cheap) Anyways, I thought it would be great to get Paisley a jumperoo, and I was able to pick one up from a lady in Frankfort.
Next I remembered that last year I wanted to get Bentley a 'sping horse', but thought she might be too small at the time. Well I found this one on craigslist that was new out of the box for 50% of what you can find in stores! ( I have very fond memories of riding on our spring horse at my childhood home)
Okay so our 'christmas eve' I wrapped the presents and set out the big items next to our lit tree. Bentley since getting her new bed has managed to figure out how to get the child proof door locks off of our door knobs. So, thinking sneakily, we put a baby gate in her door frame just in case she woke up in the middle of the night.
Well, guess who OPENS our bedroom door at 4:30 that morning?! Yes, Bentley managed to get out of her room by climbing over her gate (for the first time ever). Fortunately the first thing she said to me was 'good morning' and nothing about her gift sitting by the tree. I figured if she saw her gift then she would have said it right off. I then was like "Bentley, what are you doing awake? and, did you see anything in the front room?" She then looked at me and had wide eyes and whispered in a smily face "horsey!". She was very excited, and I was totally devastated! The one year where she actually kindof understands Christmas, she sneaks and sees her gift without us getting to experience her awe and wonder at it.
Well, since this blog is already HUGE I wont go into detail about trying to get Bentley back to sleep, and ending up spending the rest of the 'night' sleeping on her recliner in her bedroom, just to make sure she didn't leave her bed. Aside from my sleepless morning and the devastation I felt, things were wonderful and we had a great Christmas :)
PS, since Bentley can read the letters B & P and knows they stand for Bentley & Paisley, I put labels on their gifts just so she would know right away which was hers.
4 comments:
Bentley is growing up so fast. It's crazy. I can't believe she snuck out and climbed over the fence. I'm sorry she saw the presents without you, but she loved it. That's what's really important. That video did make me laugh and the editing was great. Good work. PS. I've never even heard of a jumperoo, but it looks super cute. :) And paisley's smile is PRICELESS! :) Love you all!
What!? You have a blog and I didn't know about it!? Well, you can bet I'll be captain of your bloggy stalking club! :) Your kids are so big!!! Have fun in CA for Christmas, that's awesome!
You inspired me to check our Craigslist here in Montana, and I got a ton of books for $20. Of course, our craigs list is pretty pathetic mostly, being Montana and all, but... Anyway, thanks for the plug. And I hope you have a wonderful Christmas this year!
LOL! They are so stinkin' cute!!! I am so glad I get to meet them!!! That's funny that she didn't like the horse at first, but it is bigger than her! LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment