
Today I had the opportunity to see the newly released movie "Coraline". I wanted to see it because I saw that it was made by the same people who did "The Nightmare Before Christmas"...which I love. I also think it is truly amazing that people would dedicate that much time to making a movie. I heard that this movie took 7 years to make and 'they' were lucky to get one minute of movie per week made. Crazy! I thought the animation was pretty incredible and majestic. With that said, I do NOT recommend this movie to children. It has partial nudity (woman in a thong and pasties--who has HUGE breasts) and it is really quite creepy/scary throughout the whole movie. I was glad that I didn't bring Bentley to see it.
The few parts that made me laugh were of the character in the picture above...mr. bobinski. Loved this guy....hairy shoulders and all. Anyways, the message of the movie was pretty cool, but all in all this is NOT FOR CHILDREN!!!
The few parts that made me laugh were of the character in the picture above...mr. bobinski. Loved this guy....hairy shoulders and all. Anyways, the message of the movie was pretty cool, but all in all this is NOT FOR CHILDREN!!!
5 comments:
Wow, glad you told me! Savanna let me know the other day that she wanted to see it. Maybe we will...in 20 years. :)
Thanks for the review. I'm not sure if I want to see it. There are definitely others I want to see more.
I really want to see this for many of the same reasons you listed but I was telling Noah the other night that I thought it looked a little scary. (Obviously, I am pretty easy to scare!)
ditto desiree- thanks for the heads up because I totally would have taken Natalie to see it, then I would have had to go and ask for my money back when the thong/pastey chic came on. that would have been embarrassing. i guess if it's animated, then sordid content is suddenly appropriate? wierd. your girls are gorgeous, by the way.
That's so good to know. Stephanie read the book and said the previews didn't look like it was going to be anything like the book. She didn't want to see it. But Anne wanted to see it really bad. That really upsets me. They spent 7 year making something for younger child that they shouldn't see. Thanks Denisha. I won't see it.
Post a Comment