Monday, July 6, 2009

Trip to Nashville

I desperately need to post about a fun trip the girls and I had a couple weeks ago. While Rodney went to scout camp this year I decided that I wanted to go visit a good friend of mine that lives in Nashville.

My friend Annie and I hit it off the first minute we met...at a singles branch activity when we were both young and single. We had fun experiences that I will never forget like watching The Godfather (television version recorded onto VHS of course ;) ), stampin' up, spilling my blizzard in her car, talking about guys, introducing me to the harry potter books, borrowing eachothers clothing (okay, maybe it was just me wearing hers) and lots of fun other things. One thing that is great about Annie is the fact that she doesn't hide her feelings...she is blunt and to the point and I find it refreshing and hysterical at times.

Well, I ended up driving down to her place on a Wednesday morning and arriving at lunch time and in the short amount of time we were there, we had a blast!

here is Bentley and Abigail having a tea party (Abigail and Adam are both around 6 months younger than my girls)
Playing in Abigail's room
I got to meet Adam for the first time. This baby was so precious. Oh, and if your thinking...wow, great tan, you would be wrong. He is just totally olivey complected and adorable.
The first day that I spent in Nashville we hung out and caught up talking and just had lots of fun around the house. Later on we had Burgers once Annie's husband got home from work. Yum, they tasted great.

Once we were done eating Annie was kind enough to take me to one of my favorite stores that I don't happen to have near me...Anthropologie! Yea! Loved it!

Afterwards, we stopped off at the grocery store and then came back to her place. It was interesting putting the kids to bed I very clumsily put Paisley's pack-n-play together in the spare bathroom (so bentley wouldn't wake her up in the middle of the night). After putting it together I realized that I had to use the bathroom before going to bed. Talk about an interesting experince! Enough said!

Well, once the kids were in bed we watched a movie. "He's just not that into you". Can I just say, I was 'just not that into' this movie. Bleh, my whole thought on the movie was that it was depressing and had a very awful view on relationships in my opinion. I had fun though watching it with Annie and Adrianne since we got to talk during the movie.

After the movie I went to bed. (I felt bad because I realized Annie stayed up and cleaned her house after the movie since her VT were coming in the morning).

In the morning we woke up, got ready, had breakfast and chatted with Annie's VT's. We hung out for a bit and then we went shopping again. Annie looked up online and discovered Nashville has an Urban Outfitters. We went there and I got a headband and an awesome mustache cup. (Bentley is in this phase where she thinks mustache's are funny).

Oh, and then we went back to Anthropologie because I talked myself out of the purchase I made the night before and ended up exchanging it for something else. (It was so nice, while shopping at Anthropologie Annie kept her kids and Bentley in her truck so it was SUPER easy to look around with just Paisley...made things go a lot quicker).

After shopping we went to California Pizza Kitchen. I think...I am almost positive that's what it's called. Anyways, here are some fun pictures at the restaurant:




After eating, the girls and I headed back to Lexington. It was a quick trip, but was loads of fun. Thanks Annie for being such a great friend! Loved the experience...

2 comments:

Annie said...

I had so much fun, too. You should come once a month!

Desiree said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I'm glad it worked out for you to go down. And what's the bathroom experience? Did you tell me about that?
Love you and see you soon myself! :)