Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Whimsical Fun

"Come join us for some whimsical fun, our Paisley LaRue is turning One"...that is what Paisley's birthday invitations read. Last night we celebrated Paisley's first birthday. We had a whimsical woodland theme for the party.

Here is our little woodland birthday elf herself. (with grandpa marlow)
party invites:
These are the party favors for guests. I found the directions on how to make these off of Martha Stewarts website.
Woodland elf hat. Had the pattern from the sewing book 'bend the rules sewing, by amy karol'. I made a hat for each child that was a guest at the party.
Each child that came to the party got either a shirt (babies), or a skirt (big girls). They had this cute little iron-on.
My family
Me and the birthday elf...(sorry so grainy, i may come in later and reload picture)
birthday fun. Paisley's cake and cupcakes were toadstools.

Some Birthday guests

Paisley playing in her presents
These next ones make me laugh...


We gave Paisley the top of the toadstool to tear into. It took her a few minutes before she decided to dig in.
Bentley decided to help Paisley eat the frosting.
Our messy girl



5 comments:

Marissa said...

Oh my goodness that is so dang cute!!! I may save some of those ideas and tuck them away for a future party because I absolutely loved it all.

Jo said...

That is absolutely adorable!

brandon and jenna allen said...

Ha, too much fun! I'm still laughing that Hallie's hands are in the air the whole time she is in the grass. I love where Paisley starts crawling towards the camera, I got a good one of that too.

Desiree said...

I love Paisley in all the pictures. It looked like she had an absolute BALL for her birthday!The group ones of all the girls cracked me up too. You did such a great job. Everything was so cute from the clothes, party favors, hats, etc... I'm sad I missed it but glad everything went so well. Thanks for sharing all the pictures! A-Dorable!!! :)

Member of the Justice League said...

I am truly and deeply shamed. :) You are the Mom of the Year. That's a darling party. So cute hats and shirts and skirts and favors and signs and cupcakes and cakes and everything. Truly too adorable!