Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Reunited and it feels so good!

A few weeks ago when Rodney called to tell me that Lexmark was needing him to go on business to Colorado for a few days, the first thing I thought was ROADTRIP! No, not to colorado sillies, Nashville! Ahhh, nashville, I never thought I'd love you so, not until you took two of my favorite people into your midst and gave them a home. So, what is a person to do if they are left husbandless? Travel to visit good friends of course!

Annie, as I said in a few blog posts before is a great friend of mine. I met her when I was in the singles branch and we hit it right off. She is SO great. Her family should automatically be exalted for putting me and my two girls up in their house for a couple of nights. They ended up having their littlest one stay in their room while Bentley and I took over his room. I crammed Paisley's pack-n-play into the bathroom at night time. She sleeps so much better on trips without anyone else in the room. Can I just tell you how much I worried about whether the situation would arise where I would have to pee in the middle of the night! Ha! Anyways, Annie and her family are SO nice to have let us come and stay again.


Our trip with the wards (annie and her fam) consisted of shopping (again :) ), california pizza kitchen (again...for which I am greatful. I happened to find the crayon box I took from there today while at the Dr's office and kept paisley busy drawing all over the paper that they put in the waiting rooms that you sit on those tall bench things), oh, and the monkey's tree house. The monkey's tree house is this great place to bring your kids that has all fun things for them to play with while the parents get a chance to sit back and relax. It was great!

Oh, and a new found van envy. Wow, never thought I would say that before. Annie had just purchased a minivan and we were able to pack all the kids around town together, it was amazing! Who ever knew that was possible? j/k...anyways, I love her 'robotcar' (my new nickname for her car that opens and closes its own doors with the touch of a button). It was incredible ;) Every day since we got home Bentley has asked if she can go play with Abigail.

Thanks SO SO MUCH FOR LETTING US COME!




Okay, last leg of our trip I was able to go see my friend Hiroe and her family. Hiroe and I served in the RS presidency (where I still am) together. She is SO amazing and has taken care of me for so long. I love talking to this woman, she is so personal and shares the funniest experiences. Anyone who talks with her, feels completely loved and approved.

I was happy to get to go through Hiroe's new home and check out all of its coolness :) Yes, it was very cool and beautiful. While there we hung out and caught up on the latest goings on. Paisley managed to fall down stairs for the first time while there...luckily everything was okay.



Aside from me having fun with Hiroe, Bentley loved getting to be re-united with her best boyfriend. Hiroe and I already have them married off. I took this picture of them below and it reminded me of this other one that was taken a couple years ago. Aren't they precious! I told Hiroe "I can't wait for the day that Bentley realizes how hot her best friend is~!"



Here is a cute one of Brenner and Paisley...I love how he is checking her out :)


Who couldn't love this face!
One way or another the Reynolds and Sprouls will be related...I am keeping my fingers crossed.



After catching up a bit we went out to eat at this fun Mexican joint. It was a lot of fun but went by too quickly. This family is oh, so sweet and I miss meeting them for dinners or just doing playdates with the kids. Hiroe, please come visit soon! Bentley cried when we walked into our house when we got home and said "I wanted to stay at ALlansons! Hiroe, thanks so much for your kindness through the years. I miss your family terribly and can't wait till you come and visit.

So, once we said our 'goodbyes' we were off. I figured it would be easier if the girls could sleep and I could just drive without having to entertain. (I forgot to mention that the first half hour into the trip I managed to accidentally disconnect our radio somehow, so the whole drive was tune-less! Some how I managed). Despite Bentley peeing her pants on the way home and Paisley waking up and not falling back asleep, the drive was a success.

Can I just say I feel so grown up when I get to plan out and take charge of trips by myself!


6 comments:

Desiree said...

I'm glad you had such a great trip. That's great that you AND the girls have so much fun playing with friends.

Rachel said...

What a fun getaway! And I loooooooove your hair that way!

Annie said...

We had a great time!

Jo said...

Okay, I just had to write to tell you I've been singing this song since Tuesday(Reunited and it feels so Gooood)I wasn't sure where I got it from until I was just checking blogs and realized it was you ;)

Denisha said...

Ha! That's funny that the song was stuck in your head after :)

Hiroe said...

Girl! I finally read this blog (computer issues prevented me earlier) and you are too generous and kind with your compliments. You are so easy to love and have an innate quality about you that calms the air wherever you are. I loved seeing you and your girls play with my boys! The night you left, as I was putting ALlanson to bed he asked, "Why didn't Bentley stay at my house? You said she was going to sleep here!" He loves and misses his girl "Benty". Please come over again soon...and this time STAY!