Friday, November 6, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are--movie review


Last night my husband and I went to the movie "Where the Wild Things Are". Basically I remembered turning the pages of the book when I was younger...I think the boy was being wild and mean (wearing a cat like costume) and his mother sent him to bed without dinner and he pretended to enter this land where he was king. Anyways...that was about all I remembered.

When watching previews I thought it looks whimsical and could be fun....

However, while watching the movie I was very confused with how they connected certain parts. Some of it was pretty slow and there really wasn't a direction where this was going. The movie was basically most of the characters depressed and not getting along. The storyline was boring and I thought it was a bit of a downer, and the monsters were pretty scary (in the eyes of a child at least) and talked about eating peoples brains...I wouldn't recommend this for young children.

A couple things that that I did like were the costumes and some of the scenery. It was hard for me to tell what was computer animated and what was real.

Please leave a comment if you feel I have reviewed this movie incorrectly, I would be VERY interested to hear from anyone who liked it and why.

2 comments:

Desiree' said...

I saw it because chuck wanted to see it. At the end we all just sat there wondering what just happened. The story line was missing huge chunks of detail. It was so dumb. During the movie I kept trying to make sense of things, and how it could come together. Nope. No resolve. No making sense. HATED IT! Sorry I didn't tell you. I just totally blocked it out. EW!

Rachel said...

How weird, it seems like it has so much potential...bummer!