Thursday, February 4, 2010

My new best friend



Just a little background info, while pregnant with Bentley I was VERY sick...throwing up on average about 6 times a day and feeling awful all the time.One particular experience I wont forget is driving to the airport with my mom and having to answer questions with yes and no sign language because I thought I was going to spew all over the place if I moved more than my hand at the moment. I was really sick until about 5 months along...I thought I just had to suffer through it. It was awful.

Next when I was pregnant with Paisley I started to feel sick and then I had an extremely horrible day. One that left me thinking, if this is how the next few months are going to be, I am going to have to be released from my calling, etc. And then without having thought about it in Bentley's situation, I asked my husband and father to give me a blessing. I am a true believer in the power of prayer and having faith towards making miracles happen. Well, the remainder of my pregnancy I didn't have any problems at all.

Now the third time around I have become sick again. Just before driving to UT I thought it would be important to have another blessing...well my husband remembers that he was only able to bless me to feel healthy on the drive. Keep in mind these are not the words that he feels he should bless me with, but what the Lord feels like I should receive. I don't feel like I have any less faith I just think that there were reasons for me feeling sick this time around. Also, after seeing my OB she prescribed me a wonderful drug that helps me cope with anything coming my way, well, almost anything ;) I am thankful that it has helped me, some women are unresponsive to medications they take and lucky I am not one of those.

So, thank you to all those dedicated doctors who invent drugs and are given the inspiration from above to come up with medicine that can truly effect someones well-being for the better.

6 comments:

Wendi said...

AMEN. Hang in there!

Desiree said...

All i have to say is, Zofran better not beat me on the best friend list. :) JUST kidding. I know I'm #1! :) And I'm glad the insurance isn't being jerks and glad it works! Love you!

Rachel said...

Awww...Denishichka! So sorry you have to go through that! I too, feel like I wanna die for the first 5 months...such misery!!! Why we keep doing it again and again and *WANTING* to do it again, is beyond me. It must be that cute, squishy reward at the end. :)

brandon and jenna allen said...

So glad it's working for you. I meant to post a comment about Bentley singing. I now have to watch that about 5 times a day and Hallie will still say "Bent again!"

Liz, Nate, Sydney, Holly said...

SO GLAD you are feeling better! (Or at least able to cope!) Thank heaven for modern medicine.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you cheated. You didn't tell me you were pregnant when you were here! Well, congratulations! I hope you have a boy!