
Yesterday I was able to use my Mother's Day gift...Rodney bought us tickets to see Wicked in Louisville! He is such a sweetie, this is the 4th time we have seen it and he is still willing to buy tickets for it ;) It is such an AMAZING play, totally my favorite of all time, the music is wonderful and so is the storyline.



We seriously had the best seats in the house...row F (6 rows back) dead center. Rodney said he got a good deal on tickets buying the day we did...it was their first performance in louisville and it was at 2 in the afternoon.
Okay, so this performance was really great...in the past I haven't always loved all the actors voices...but they really did a great job with everyone. There were a couple microphone issues here and there since it was the first performance, but it didn't really make a difference in my opinion.
My favorite songs and acts were "the wizard and i" --the first time you really hear Elphaba's voice.
"popular" --such a fun performance from GaLinda
"Defying Gravity" --awesome ending with Elphaba belting out the song while flying midair at the top of the stage! I loved this!
"As long as your mine" --Fiyero and Elphaba sing together...very steamy this performance. They were totally making out, I loved it! It made the play more believable :)
"For Good"-- great song about friendship, I love the words in this song
Okay, so I just had a fabulous time. It was so much fun! I could see this show a million times and never get bored. It is just that good. To those of you who haven't seen it, go~!
After the performance we went and ate pizza at Kevin and Cindy's. They were so sweet to let us come over and feed us dinner. Good Times!
And a huge thanks to my mom who babysat our little girls. Thanks mom!
1 comment:
I'm so glad you had such a fun time at Wicked! You look totally cute, ps. And... I can't believe Elpheba and Fiyero were totally making out. Wow. Never seen that before. Fun, fun.
Post a Comment