So after test driving countless Toyota Sienna's and Honda Odessey's, we ended up going to the first van that we drove which is a 2003 Chrysler Town and Country. This van is in such GREAT shape. It has 60,000 miles and the previous owners were really great about getting it serviced on time with whatever needed to be done like tire rotations and oil changes. The carfax on this car was spotless! The dealership we bought our van from gave us the phone number of the previous owners so we called them up and talked to them about their van. These were old people that had it just for the purpose of towing their bicycles around...cute or what?!
One cool thing about Freedom (the dealership we bought it at), after test driving this car we took it back and told them we would like to drive around and look at other places around town. Our car salesman told us that there were other people at the lot interested in minivans and if we were interested at all in purchasing this vehicle we should take it to our house and leave it in our driveway. (this way no one could buy it out from under us)
Things about the van:
color: black
tan leather interior
TONS OF SPACE!
DVD player (major plus!)
automatic doors (this was the one thing I really wanted)
sun roof
After Rodney and I drove around all day in different vehicles we talked about a price that we wanted to spend and prayed that we would be led by the Spirit while making a decision. I feel like this van will be perfect for our family and I am grateful that we were able to find it. This is our first car payment!
For those of you looking for a new vehicle the best time to buy is the last week of the month on either a tuesday or wednesday, in the afternoon when things are slow. The salespeople usually have to meet a quota and are wanting to get you to purchase from them so they are usually better about pricing things...
Now onto some pictures!






7 comments:
It's SO pretty!!! I LOVE it! I'm so excited for you guys. Congrats on your first car payment! I can't wait to see it in person and get to go for a ride in it! YAY!!!
Nice. I like the black. I never thought I'd own a mini van, but I love mine now. Funny how having kids does that to ya.
That is an awesome stylish minivan!! Glad you got a good deal! Makes me want to roll in a minivan Congrats!
Welcome to the minivan club. I never thought I would own one, but now I'm not sure I could live without the automatic sliding doors, atleast not until the carseat stage is over. Glad you like it too, it looks really nice.
Looooooooooooove the leather!!!! And yahoo, you're almost done--so excited to see another Denisichka-ette! :)
I must admit, I'm not a minivan person but that is one stylish vehicle!! Love it!! So happy for you guys.
Yep. We have to buy a van too.
Post a Comment