At the time I didn't even think about how the other car was. I was worried about my girls, AND I couldn't even get out of the car because the pole was blocking my door. I had to crawl out through the passenger side door. Oh, and I couldn't find my phone because it slid off the arm rest during the accident. I had to borrow someone's phone who came to see if we were okay. First thing I did was call Rodney to tell him to pick up Bentley from school since I wasn't going to make it.
The other car had 2 people in it and no injuries, thankfully. Had I been speeding, or didn't swerve I probably could have seriously injured the other driver. I can't even process that. While talking on the phone with Rodney my voice was REALLY shaky. First thing Paisley said after the accident was "Mommy, you hurt my neck". I think her neck is fine...she is moving around just like normal but we will have her checked out. Paisley didn't even realize that we hit the car, she just saw me bump onto the curb.
It seemed to take forever for the police to get there. At the time I was holding Copper in one arm and Paisley was standing to my side as I was on the phone with my insurance agent (phone between chin and shoulder). I was trying to write stuff down and Copper kept grabbing at my pen and then would cry when I wouldn't let her have it. It was hot and sticky outside and I was just waiting for Rodney and Bentley to get there.
While waiting around it seemed like the whole neighborhood was out and with us. The other driver had TONS of friends and family that came to check on them.
After about an hour we got everything worked out and I left with the stroller and walked the girls home, while Rodney waited for a tow truck.
I am so thankful that everything was okay. I am blessed beyond words and I realize that. My life is so incredible and I rarely have 'bumps' in the road that I deal with. This is one that happened and thankfully only left the car damaged. The front left bumper, tire, and hood were pretty bad, but no air bags deployed. This was my first car accident.
3 comments:
Glad everyone is ok. Scary!
So glad you are ok! What a scary thing! I'm sorry you and Pais and Copper had to go through that! It sounded like a terrible experience.
Sorry about the accident. So glad to hear you and the girls are OK.
Post a Comment