Thursday, September 22, 2011

Recovering


For the last couple weeks we have had runny noses and coughing in our household. Last week Paisley was complaining about her mouth hurting. I didn't think much of it until I asked her where in her mouth and she pointed to her throat. I ended up making an appt. for Paisley and Copper at the Dr's last friday. After looking at both girls the dr. said the strep test was negative and that it was just a cold. WELL, Sunday afternoon I missed a call from the dr's saying that the strep culture came back and that they wanted me to call first thing Monday morning. Hmm...I wonder what that means. After calling in, it turns out that Paisley's strep culture was positive! They gave us medicine for all of them.
Monday evening around 10pm my throat started hurting just a little...enough to scare me. Well over the next few hours I came to the realization that I was sick. First thing when my alarm went off to get Bentley ready for school, I called my mom and asked her if she could come over and help me take care of the girls...I felt awful! While getting Bentley's lunch ready I almost passed out from standing so long, I had to drop to the floor and put my head between my legs. I was nauseous, feverish, and my throat hurt. (my body was aching all over also).
After dropping off Bentley at school my mom arrived shortly after. She was so awesome! I am thankful to have her so close. Normally I would have asked Rodney to stay home and watch the girls but he was out of town on business.
Luckily my Dr's office sent over a prescription for me to pick up rather than making me come in and swab me to see if I had strep.

Immediately after being on my meds I was feeling better (like within 5-7 hours). I almost feel like myself again. At least I am not contageous. I still can't sleep at night without night sweats. It is disgusting and extremely uncomfortable waking up drenched in your own sweat....knowing that the next time you fall back asleep it will just happen again.

Things that I am thankful for this week:
-my mom...it was so nice having someone to help take care of me and the girls :) I love you, mom!
-modern medicine
-recovery!
-Rodney being home (love him too!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear your family has been sick too. Not fun, especially step. That does have to be the worst. At least things on the up side. Plus you look stunning in your last post. Way to go! I need the motivation right now. Thanks.