
Last night my mom was flipping through the pages of the BYU Alumni Magazine and for the first time ever looked through the list of Alumni Deaths. She then discovered that a close family friend had passed away last November. This lady was my parents age and her husband passed 10 months earlier. They are survived by their 10 children, all who had red hair and this family was one of the nicest you could meet. I cried when I read their obituaries. One of my favorite parts was in the mothers obituary that read the following:
"Life is all about choices, and Alice humbly made the right choices. Alice always chose kindness. If you have met Alice, you have felt the Savior's love. She never said an unkind word about anyone. She loved others the way the Savior asked us to love"unconditionally and without reserve."
it went on to talk about different choices she made throughout her life and then said:
"She chose to be humble. She chose to be loving. She chose to be charitable. And her children watched and learned. They know where to turn for peace because they watched their mother find it in Christ.
We choose now to honor her legacy by being happy, ever-serving and faithful."
I just love that. Wow. It was so beautifully worded and I hope that someday I can be that type of example to my own children.
2 comments:
Denisha, I love this. Thanks for posting. You are right...we have all been blessed with the agency to choose. Great tribute to that mother.
So touching! I am with you...I want to be remembered like that.
Post a Comment