Friday, September 7, 2012

Bentley's First Day

I just realized that I forgot to blog about Bentley starting the 1st grade. Oops! Bentley started school at the end of August. It was a week after we moved into our house that she started going to school. We are very fortunate to be living in a fantastic school district...it was one of the main reasons we purchased the house that we did.
Another great thing about this school is that a lot of kids from our church go there. When Bentley is at school she sees so many people she knows, she totally feels popular getting to smile and wave at all of her friends. I love it! Her first grade teacher is also very nice. We already received an email from her telling us how fortunate she is to have Bentley in her class. I think it is sweet of her to take time out of her busy schedule to email all of her students parents.
One cute thing about getting Bentley ready for school was the night before I asked her if she wanted lots of curls in her hair. She said no. Then the next morning I got her out of bed and she said "Mommy, I want a big curl right here, and right here" (motioning upwards from both sides of her face). It was adorable.

She drew this picture of herself the first day of school. It says "Last night I felt...Happy that I wus going at to frs grad."
I absolutely love how close Bentley's school is and the fact that she has a great time going!

No comments: