Monday, January 21, 2013

Lots to be excited about!

I am so far behind on blogging...missed blogging about Rodney's birthday, Thanksgiving,  Christmas, New Years...etc. however before I catch up on all of that I wanted to announce our wonderful news. We are expecting a baby boy the first week in June!

I had my 20 week ultrasound this morning. The whole family went...we squeezed into the small room with Rodney in the corner holding the girls and me laying down on the table. The girls were really cute throughout the sonogram. It wasn't really shocking to HEAR that I was having a boy...I was kindof expecting it actually. I have had numerous people tell me point blank that I am having a boy, no questions asked. And now they are all saying "I told you so". Funny.

Although I wasn't surprised to hear them say the word "Boy", I can't exactly wrap my brain around it. Truthfully I would have been just as excited to hear them say I was having another girl. I love girls, I have girls...that's what I do. I was not getting pregnant again to "try for a boy'. I have had strangers ask me that question when they see me walking with my girls and find out I am pregnant they will say, "so, are you hoping for a boy?". Really, really really and truthfully I wasn't specifically wishing for either. I knew that this would be my last experience being pregnant and having a baby. ( It isn't safe to have multiple c-sections and I feel like I am pushing my luck as it is...those who know me closely have heard my birthing experience with my first which ended up being an emergency c-section, super scary and which is why all my kids after have been the same way). So, since this is my last pregnancy I feel like it is nice to give my husband the gift of experiencing a son...which sounds so weird to say...however like I said I wouldn't have been at all dissapointed with another girl. I feel like I am rambling, anyways.... I have no idea what to expect with having a boy or what type of territory we will be going into, and that freaks me out! I am however glad that Rodney will have someone to go camping with and experience scouts with in the future (he is really into that stuff).

Copper understands that I am having a baby and will point and hold my stomach and say 'baby' but doesn't understand the difference between 'boy' and 'girl'. Bentley and Paisley are both cute and excited to have a brother. At first Bentley was the only one wanting a boy...she said since Daddy was the only boy in the family that we needed to have another one. Paisley is so super girly that she originally was hoping for a girl. Over the past few weeks she had warmed up to the idea of the possibility of a boy and she is happy to have a brother and hopes he will have brown curly hair like Daddy.

So, let's move onto some pictures shall we... I weeded out the boring brain and spine shots, although it is great to see that all the parts are functioning and working properly from what we can tell.

scary skeleton baby face

Cute little arm and hand


the money shot (arrow pointing to boy part) AHH! I am going to have to deal with boy parts...wiping, spraying of boy parts, cleaning up sprayed mess from said boy part, scary! Can't settle too much on this, let's move onto the next picture.


cute profile of our little guy...so weird to think it isn't a girl! Boy. Boy. Boy... I am having a boy...maybe if I say it enough I will actually believe it.

                           

Picture of me taken today at 20 weeks pregnant by my 4 yr old. 


My darling girls who are so excited to have a baby brother coming to our family. I know for a fact I am so blessed and I thank my Heavenly Father daily for it. Never could I have imagined the love that comes from being a mother. It is really the sweetest gift ever. 



4 comments:

Nancy said...

Congrats on the new little one! I'm excited for you guys!!

Al said...

Yay! The scout thing is so true...if Rodney is anything like Allen, even if just a bit, he's got to be jumping for joy and already planning merit badges, camping trips, lol. And the pee thing? Hahaha, just get excited for a lot of laughs, lol. Only other option is to cry, and that's no fun. =) Cammy just peed on Allen last night at the computer because I didn't have a diaper when he got out of the bath, so I was having him walk to his room...instead of going to his room, he went to Daddy, and suddenly Allen let's out a huge shout of surprise! Cammy had no idea what he'd done, but there was definitely a puddle on the floor to prove it! =) I definitely got a laugh out of that one (although we JUST had the carpets cleaned last week! lol). Congrats again! SO Excited for you guys! --Brit

Laura said...

Congrats!!! I don't want to scare you or be weird or anything, but I have to tell you. The one hang up for me so far with having a boy was that his circumcision wasn't done very well the first time and had to be redone (hated that experience and the fact that I had to wrestle so much with that decision to have it redone) SOOO, you might look into having an actual urologist come to the hospital and do it for you when he's born instead of having the OB/pediatrician do it (I think the OB does it for some weird insurance reasons). That is IF you were planning on doing it in the first place!!

ANYWAY...that's my two cents. CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!! Boys are AWESOME!

Unknown said...

OB does it because they are trained surgeons. :-) but anyway, I'm over the moon happy for you all and having a boy is a lot of fun!! The pee thing is a challenge, ask Kevin the secret to avoid getting peed on. He describes it best! Boys love their mamas too so prepare for loves and cuddles!