Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!


This year the girls were SO excited for Valentine's Day and had been drawing 'cards' for weeks and hiding them around the house. Lots of cute little love notes are being found daily. We celebrated by getting the girls each a small gift, a pair of socks (I found at Target in the $1 bins) and a small box of princess chocolates. 

I managed to quickly get a few pictures of the girls dressed in their cutie matching outfits with my ipad...it is so hard to get pictures of all of them together these days! Copper is so stubborn. Hopefully she will grow out of that but who knows. Anyways, you can see a bit of our newly painted piano, wall and rug for our living room. The room is slowly coming together. I have some other ideas for what I want to do just not the budget yet....




After Rodney got home from work we picked up a babysitter and met some friends (Jill and Josh) at a local Thai restuarant. It was so yummy! I got the mango shrimp curry and Rodney got a pad thai dish. It was awesome!

After rolling ourselves out of the booth we went back home put the kids to bed and then had our friends come over to play card games. We ended up making creme puffs together and playing Rook. Such a fun game for a small group. Also, the creme puffs were to die for. Josh was naming them different things depending on the shape they turned out looking like. He mentioned one of them looked like the sorting hat from Harry Potter and was yelling out "Griffindor" and "Hufflepuff"! It was so funny!


All in all it was a great evening. Rodney and I reminisced about it being our 10 yr. anniversary of him telling me for the 1st time he loved me and mentioning wanting to marry me. He wasn't proposing at the time but just saying that he saw himself with me. We had a whirlwind romance. We started dating January 24th of 2003 and got engaged March 16th, married on July 19th. all in the same year. During that time we hung out every day. I knew he was pretty special from the beginning. Just as a bit of a background also, we knew each other in youth groups growing up and we both knew each others families. 


Anyways, it was a special day. I felt very loved by our precious girls, my husband and friends. 

No comments: