Keep in mind though he can also be pretty serious....here he is reading stories to the kids
Here is my first selfie with all my kids!
I love the following picture of Rodney and Aven. This was taken after all the girls were in bed, they were having some late night male bonding time
The fourth of July we ended up driving down to Richmond and spending time with my parents. It was raining that evening so we thought they were going to cancel the yearly firework show that is put on by Lake Reba but we were able to see some out in EKU's parking lot. We got real snuggly in the front of our van with all 4 kids ;) My parents were in a car next to ours enjoying the festivities as well.
July the 15th we switched Copper over from her crib to a big girl bed! That same day is my sister Desiree's birthday (happy birthday Des!). Anyways, the transition went really well....Copper enjoyed her new bedding and didn't seem to have any problems.
July 19th Rodney and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary (which we officially celebrated earlier that year by traveling to NYC before our actual anniversary because we wanted to do it before I had Aven). We ended up going out to a movie and dinner I think??? Wow, my brain was all a bunch of mush at that time because we were still experiencing sleepless nights with a new baby and I was recovering from my c-section and I didn't write it down!!! Just goes to show you it's better to blog immediately rather than trying to catch up after the fact. We took Aven with us on our date and left the girls with Grandma Jayne who was our awesome sitter.
Look at this little angel, I mean really, just look at this! What a doll baby. He often fell asleep on my lap and smile as he was snoozing away.
Between week 5 and 7 of Aven's life he went from being in newborn clothes to basically 3-6 month. He really chunked up! At his 2 month appt. he weighed 14lbs. 6 ounces.
He went from this:
to this:
I remember being worried about him not putting on much weight and then BOOM! he was a chunky monkey of a baby. I think it had a lot to do with his stomach hurting and him crying a lot and being happy when he was attached to me aka nursing. Oh, and if you didn't notice between the time he was packing on the pounds, he also lost most of his hair. No worries though, this baby rocks that chubby/bald look.
Another thing I started to realize was Aven's sensitivity to foods that I would eat (and later we will start to deal with foods he eats). His skin really broke out (and still does). At first I just thought it was baby acne but then it started flaking and I realized he was having issues with dairy and nuts when I would eat them. Not only his skin would break out but he would also have a very upset stomach. As far as the skin thing goes, I tried everything to get it looking better from coconut oil, to aquaphor. It really just got better when I realized that my eating habits were taking a toll on his skin. Poor thing!
I sure love this little guy! His shirt pretty much sums it all up....what a sweetie.













No comments:
Post a Comment