Monday, June 16, 2014

It's a new year! January and February 2014

Lots of things to blog about this year, I will be skimming over the things that stood out the most. We had SO so many snow days for the school year. Fayette County extended the school year because of it. The girls loved playing in the snow and our driveway makes for an awesome sledding hill. One day when we new that school was going to be cancelled I had Rodney set up our tent in the family room so the girls could have a fun indoor camping experience. Copper kept waking up her sisters by prying at their eyelids and then started wandering the hallways and opening doors. I ended up putting her in her bedroom around 1 or 2 in the morning. She is not good at having to sleep with others in the same room. Bentley and Paisley enjoyed it but ended up waking up around 5am....not cool! However the girls enjoyed the memories of the experience.


My cute kids hanging out around the house




One of the snow days we had I took the kids to a local gymnastics center for a few hours then we went to a see "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2" at the dollar theatre and then ended the activities with a trip to DQ for some ice cream cones. I was truly surprised that Aven lasted the whole movie.


Next are some cute pictures of Charisse using her awesome talents on trying pinterest ideas on my kids. I will be the first to admit that I am not very great at styling little girls hair. Charisse loves doing stuff like that so we put her to work at figuring out the heart braid. 



Funny little tidbit Desiree' showed me in January was that Aven has a twin. On the 'signing times' video was an add with a baby that looks just like Aven. Check out the resemblance!


At the end of January I was talking with a friend in the hallway of my church and we were on the subject of getting our girls hair cut. We were mentioning how we were hoping to donate their hair to 'locks of love' but that it needed to probably grow another inch. After our conversation I came home and looked online and found that Pantene has a hair donating program called "Pony Up". They make wigs for women affected by hair loss from cancer. AND Bentley had just enough to donate. Here she is with her cute friend getting their hair cut.

Before





After





At the end of February, Aven learned how to pull himself up into a standing position. My little guy is getting so big! 

Next are just some cute pictures....


Hanging out with my silly girl when the oldest 2 are at school






Paisley's first research paper was on penguins



Sitting up like a big boy and playing with toys


Sad bunny


My little poser. This little girl loves having her picture taken


working on Valentine's gifts for classmates







Valentine's Day we got the girls a shirt a book and a box of candy hearts







No comments: