Once people found out Becky was coming, others decided to come out to KY as well. My friend Nancy and her family stayed with us for a week in our basement. Nancy was a roommate with Becky back in the day when I used to hang out at their apartment before Rodney and I got together. (Rodney and I started dating and got engaged while attending the singles branch :)
Some friends that were missed that weren't able to come into town for the reunion were my sister Desiree' and her family (it was held during General Conference so she couldn't come because she sings in the MOTAB choir), Dennis and Sara (Dennis is also in the MOTAB choir), and Larkin and Bobby and Mila (they had just recently adopted their daughter from China and decided it was too soon to travel)
Crazy story, Nancy and her family got to our house super late the night of the first of April. The next morning when Aven woke up he was coughing when I got him out of his crib. Not normal coughing...it sounded so bad I asked Rodney if he could stay home from work so that I could take Aven into the Doctor. Well turns out Aven had Croup! I mentioned to the Dr. that we just had friends with small children come over to stay at our house. She informed me that croup is viral and you catch it like a cold. It is more likely to spread with kids. I informed Nancy and Michael the minute we got home and they still stayed with us. We didn't take Aven along to a lot of the get togethers just to keep him away from other kids. Unfortunately though Nancy told us when she got back to Utah that Sam had gotten Croup too. I thought we were in the clear, dang! Sorry Sam!
While everyone was in town we did some of the following fun things:
Trip to Explorium with Nancy and her family (my mom came up for that)
Jill came over one night for games with Nancy staying at our house
Reunion at Jacobsen Park (wish I would have brought my camera)
Dinner at Cheddars (People that came were: Matt and Becky, Jeff and Daphne and their baby, Lisa, LeeAnn, Maggi, Alli, Wyatt and Me. I think that was it, if I forgot someone...sorry!)
Trip to the Park off Nicholasville Rd. with Nancy and her family and Jeff and Daphne and their kids
Becky and her family came over on Sunday for Conference and we also ate Cafe Rio. Her kids are so cute and my girls LOVED playing with them
Get-together at the gym in the Stake Center. We all brought our own food for our families and let the kids play together in the gym. (Big group came out to that)
Such a fun fun time with good friends!
Here are some pictures from that week:
Reunion at Jacobsen Park. Someone took this picture and tagged me on FB. I'm sad I didn't bring my camera. Pictured are Jennifer Orchard, Becky Hogg and Me
Our trip to the Explorium with my kids, my mom and Nancy's fam
this is the type of picture you get when your 3 year old finds your camera. I was putting on a puppet show for her.
My kids with Sam and Sophia
Our fun house guests for the week
Kitty!
Funny moment from our evening at the gym in the church. Again, wish I would have brought my camera!
Oliver and Bentley when Becky and her family came over on Sunday to watch General Conference and eat Dinner
Rodney, Becky, Me and Matt



























1 comment:
It was so fun staying with you and spending time with your family! Loved getting to know them better. :) Squash and Strawberry loved your little fruits and veggies. Lol. That trip was a fun one. It was fun seeing everyone! It was fun how many people were able to make it. Becky, Larkin and I talked last summer and figured out we could all make the journey that week. Sad Larkin didn't end up making it. But so happy she missed it because she finally got Mila! We need to have another reunion soon! :)
Post a Comment