Tuesday, November 24, 2009

BLESSED

Okay, so normally I don't post a whole lot about my career as a photographer on my personal blog. I feel uncomfortable promoting myself in public. I never go up to people announcing that I am a photographer (unless the conversation wills its way in that direction)...I really would rather avoid being asked questions similar to resume style that force me to tell someone why to choose me when photographing their special moments. I let my pictures speak for themselves, and if someone is interested then they will find their way to me.

When choosing this profession I decided that first and foremost I wanted to be a mom. No questions asked. My greatest importance was sharing every special moment I could with my sweet children and building a strong foundation in their home life that is one of love, gospel oriented and constant.

Photography is a great profession because of the flexibility that it offers. It gives me the opportunity to be with my kids and still have this great outlet of creativity that fills my soul.

I feel like as the year is coming to a close that I have grown immensely in this time. I am so truly blessed in all aspects of my life but am thinking specifically about my career this evening. I am truly thankful for a loving husband who has been behind me every step of the way encouraging me and always being my biggest cheerleader. (yeah, that's right...men are cheerleaders--haven't you ever seen the spartans on snl?!) Other family members who support me in this great profession. And also great clients who spread the love and tell friends and family about me :) And lastly, a loving Father in Heaven who has helped me to learn and to grow more than I thought possible...and for leading me to specific people and situations at the right times.


::photo below was captured today and speaks volumes to me::

2 comments:

brandon and jenna allen said...

Agreed, and I love that I get to reap the benefits of your growing talents when you take our pictures.

~gina lee said...

can I just copy this... aaaaah sigh.... love this... ;)
You are doing awesome..... :)