Monday, February 1, 2010

Status Update

I sure love this picture of my sweet girls on Bentley's bed.


So, guess what?







Yes, I am pregnant...due around August 13th...


This past wednesday I was able to go in for my first ultra sound. My doctor likes to do this near the beginning of pregnancy to measure the baby and calculate how far along I am. Things went really great, baby is almost 2 inches long and due Aug. 13th...heart rate 162

It was so neat watching Baby on the monitor and seeing it move its arms as if waving hello to it's sisters. Bentley thus far didn't know I was having a baby. She knew I was pregnant but didn't understand what that meant. (we were afraid of her telling everyone before we wanted people to know)

While in the appointment, Rodney pointed to the monitor and said, "Look! Mommy has a baby in her tummy". Bentley at first seemed startled and inquisitive and said "why?" And then seemed to really understand more of what was going on as the appointment progressed. It was sweet afterwards while I was laying back in the chair wiping the jelly off my stomach, Bentley asked Rodney "Can I touch mommy?" And Rodney said "You want to touch mommy?" And she said, "Can I touch her feet?". So she stood up and went over and hung onto my shoes. I think she is beginning to understand that there is something very special happening to my body. It was such a sweet gesture.

I will never get over how amazing technology is...it is truly incredible to be able to see something so special. Just wanted to share this sweet experience with you and a picture of our precious little one.




lastly, here is how we told my parents...we wrapped up this book for them to open on Christmas.

10 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats! I just got done posting a very similar post.

Desiree said...

That pic of the girls in bed is so cute and congrats again on #3. I'm glad things are going so well so far. Yeah! And I love the book! I'm glad you included a picture of it. It's awesome!

Melanie said...

LOVE it:) Bentley is so sweet and will be such a good big sister and little helper to you. So creative on how you told your parents. CUTE!!! Congrats again!!

Liz, Nate, Sydney, Holly said...

hey that is fantastic!! we are thrilled for you! hope you are feeling ok, or at least maybe getting a little better soon? good luck! i'm due right about the same time, 6 weeks earlier. hooray for summer babies!

Nancy said...

Congrats to you guys! I'm so excited. I'm also miffed at you...I saw you in January and you were pregnant and didn't tell me! Jerk! ;] I'll forgive you if you name the baby Sucka Sproul. ;] Love ya!

Denisha said...

lol! Nancy you sure are crazy;) I didn't want to take attention away from meeting your sweet little babe.

Annie said...

Congrats!

Nikki A. said...

Congrats my friend! So happy for you :D I absolutely LOVE the book idea...you're so funny! XOXO

Rachel said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!! That is so awesome!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!! Love ya!

Andy and Brandi Newlan said...

Oh my goodness!!! Congrats!!! That's SO awesome!!! I'm super stoked for you guys!!!