Friday, October 15, 2010

Field Trip!

Bentley had her first field trip yesterday with her pre-school. We drove to Versailles to Boyd's Orchard. I had been there once before for a photo shoot and was excited for my girls to be able to go because they have lots of fun things to do there. I was happy that my mom was able to come along because I knew I wouldn't be able to bring all my girls by myself. I was also happy that the school allowed me to bring my whole family and not just Bentley.

When we first arrived we realized how stinkin' cold it was! Brrr...I wish I had dressed my girls in their winter coats. Luckily I brought something nice and snuggily for the baby at least. Who would have thought after having such nice weather the day before. Anyways, once all the kids arrived we went into a little barn where they explained the different uses for things that they grew on their farm.

Copper and I waiting for all the kids to arrive. Everyone went gaga over my sweet baby.



Us inside the barn:
Our entrance fee paid for a pumpkin per person, getting to feed some animals, play at their play area and the hayride.

Here is Bentley picking out her pumpkin. She seriously chose the first one she could get her hands on.

My sweet baby and I, in the pumpkin patch. This is what she did the whole time....what a good baby!

Grandma with the girls feeding the goats. (They had llamas, goats, and a donkey)

Taking pictures with her classmates. The kids in the very back sitting on the hay are in another class....except for the girl on the far left.

This slide scared me! I was afraid someone might tumble down the hay bales....luckily that didn't happen while we were there. Look closely and you can see Bentley at the top.

This swing was so fun.

Here is the inside of one of their play areas. The girls were pretending to have a tea party (that's what Paisley told me at least while I was downloading these pictures).

During the field trip I was calling to Bentley and one of the moms said "Is that Bentley?" while looking her way. I nodded my head and she said "My daughter talks about her all the time, the other day she came home and said, Bentley is my best friend!" This made me so happy to hear. Any time I ask Bentley about her class its like pulling teeth. I once asked who her friends were and she said "everybody!" That's as far as I got, so it was nice to hear that someone liked her. Pictured below is the sweet little friend I am talking about, Hailey. Isn't she gorgeous?! We were waiting for the hayride at the time I took this picture.



After the hayride the field trip was over. Hailey's mom asked if we were staying to eat lunch in Boyd's little 'restaurant'. I decided it would be a great idea. Over lunch we exchanged numbers and had a great chat. Not only did Bentley make a friend, but I did too! Awesome.

What a fun day we had! The only low point was Paisley peeing her pants in the van...she would NOT go to the bathrooms at the farm, my mom thinks they might have scared her or something. Oh well, upside is that at least she didn't do it during the field trip and that it was at the end of everything because we just slipped a diaper on her and she rode home with bare legs and feet in her little car seat. I'm also so glad my mom was there to help out! Thanks Grandma for having a fun morning with us!

No comments: