Sunday, March 6, 2011

Birthday Week

This last week has been dedicated to Bentley turning 5. Not exactly intentional to have as many activities as we had, it just turned out that way. I'll break it up by days:

Sunday : I sent Bentley to church with the cutest little cake pops to share with her class. I found them on bakerella.com. I was pretty happy with how they turned out. I ended up starting to make them at 10pm the night before and finishing at 1am Sun. morning...not the smartest decision.

Tuesday (Bentley's actual birthday): Tues and Thurs. Bentley has preschool from 9-12 so she took some more cake pops to school and was the talk of the town. Everyone loved them. Later after Daddy got home from work we went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. After dinner we told Bentley we had a surprise for her. We drove to Petsmart in Hamburg and told Bentley that we were there to buy her a bird for her birthday. She was VERY excited. To our dismay as we got in the store they only had 2 birds to choose from. We ended up driving to Incredipet off of Richmond Rd. Apparently they only sell fish...boo! So off to Petsmart near Brannon Crossing. They had LOTS of birds to choose from. Blue and white ones, yellow and green, and plain yellow. Bentley ended up picking out "Pecky".


Wednesday: We had our family birthday party for Bentley. Both sets of Grandparents luckily live near by and so they came over for cake and icecream. I made Bentley a special cake that we had seen in a Home Decor magazine a month ago. The cake was double chocolate cake with chocalte cream cheese icing. YUM! It was so sinful I had Rodney take it to work the next day so that we wouldn't be gaining a million pounds with it left at our house. (The girls REALLY enjoyed licking everything clean)


Saturday: Bentley was told that she could invite 2 friends to go to a special place..she decided on Chuck-E-Cheese's and took along her friends Sadie and Lily. These girls LOVED it! It was fun watching them ride the rides and attempt to play skeet ball and other games. I'm glad that we had a small group because that place was PACKED!


I sure can't believe how big my little lady is getting. I am amazed every day with her kindness that she shows to her sisters and her love for life. This little girl is XS (extra special :) )

5 comments:

Annie said...

That cake looks divine. She is so grown up!

Unknown said...

What a fun week! I am so glad that she had fun and everything looked so tasty! Good job on the baked goods! I can't believe she is 5! 3 more years until the big dunk!

Desiree' said...

Way to party it up, Bentley! She's my kind of girl. :) We love you! Your gift will be in the mail tomorrow. Just wanted to extend the celebrations. ;)

Kristin said...

I love that she had a whole week of celebrating!

Your chocolate cake looks completely A-MAZING! Kind of makes me want to have my birthdays at your house!

Anonymous said...

You know, her getting older means you're getting old too. Hehehehehe.

Your parents look so good! Tell them I said hi.