
I don't have many memories from kindergarten-- OR childhood for that matter. A couple things that I can recall is lots of coloring & Show and Tell ( I also remember being obsessed with my Teddy Ruxpin at the time). That's about it.
My oldest daughter is in Kindergarten and has had the opportunity to learn lots of new and exciting things this year. One thing is that they are learning Japanese...every day they have a teacher come in to their class for 20 minutes.
Another thing that amazes me, is that every week Bentley has a spelling test. My little 5 (almost 6) yr old, started out barely knowing how to write her first name at the beginning of the year and now she being tested on spelling and reading! There goes the whole 'telling secrets in front of our kids through spelling out words'. Here's one of my favorites, "Rodney, can you go to the store tonight so after the girls are in bed we can have I-C-E-C-R-E-A-M....?" Yeah, I enjoyed it while it lasted ;)

2 comments:
You'll just have to make a code word or use another language from now on. You can say, "Helado" or "rhinestones". They would never guess! :]
I can't believe they are teaching her Japanese and holding spelling tests. Wow! That's wild!
HAHA, so true! We try and speak in code and the kids are figuring that out too! Oh the horror!
Post a Comment