Saturday, February 11, 2012

Stake V-Day Activity

This year our stake put on a Valentine's Day dance and had a live band. It was really fun! I wish the band would have played more modern music. They were playing lots of 80's hits...I think they were catering to the venue that they thought most of the people would know. I was talking to Rodney about the dance and how I used to HATE going to dances for youth activities (I always went though) and how I had a lot of fun last night. The difference was that I didn't have anyone to impress and that we didn't feel the pressure of having to look and act cool. All in all it was a fantastic evening.
Just a side note, growing up Rodney and I were in the same youth group and attended the same dances. He will never live down the fact that the one time I asked him to dance (I was probably 15 yrs. old at the time) and he said no! Yeah, for real....AND I happened to forget about it, and he was the one who reminded me. Big mistake ;) Anyways, if we had been interested in each other when we were younger chances are slim to none that we would have gotten married since young love usually fizzles, so it all worked out in the end.

No comments: