April 3rd: went house hunting and found the 'perfect house'
April 4th: put first offer on 'perfect house'
April 5th: Rodney left for Guang Zhou, China on a work related trip.
(View of Hong Kong)
April 6th: Inspectors come through our house to make sure everything is up to code. I had all the girls home from school this week because it was spring break and we had to be out of the house for a few hours for them to check everything.
April 5th-12th: Back and forth with seller trying to agree on price for house
The whole next week we went back and forth with the sellers of the 'perfect house' to figure out a price that was right. Seriously...it literally took a week going back and forth between the seller and our realtors AND dealing with the time change in China which is exactly 12 hours ahead of KY time. So, for example if Rodney and I talked about a price we felt good about offering in the morning (in KY), for Rodney it would be him getting ready for bed. Well our realtor would tell the seller and then they would counter and I had to wait around 12 hours before Rodney woke up to talk over the sellers counter. It was a very long and frustrating process to say the least! I think we ended up going back to them 3 times total with different prices before both parties settled on one.
April 12th: After the price we decided was made, the seller decided to put into the deal that we had to close by May the 1st or the contract would be null and void. This would just give us over 2 weeks to close the deal. Knowing we would not be able to get loan approval and everything working in time we decided not to sign the contract because May the 1st was impossible to make.
April 12th-April 19th: we are waiting to find out what the sellers payoff is to see if she will set the closing date back to may the 18th which we requested.
April 20th: We found out that the seller had missed a house payment which meant that she had lots of fees she would have to pay and that she was not going to be able to close on the house with the original price we had agreed upon. That is why she couldn't get a payoff over the phone initially.
ALSO April 20th: Rodney has an over the phone interview with company based out of Lehi, Utah
April 27th: Our POD is delivered to our house and members from our ward come and help move our furniture and boxes into the POD

(Rodney needed my help getting this mattress stuffed into the top of our pod. He initially asked me to climb in the tiny space above the mattress and below the ceiling of the POD and lift the mattress up. Didn't make a whole lot of sense and I thought I would freak out in that small of space so I decided to climb under the mattress and lift it up so he could push it back into position.)
April 28th: LOTS and LOTS of last minute packing and cleaning...oh the cleaning!
(our empty living room)
April 29th: Temporarily move into Rodney's parents house
April 30th: Meet the buyer of our house and hand over the keys at the closing table.
(peace out Cashel Court!)
April 30th (evening): First phone interview with a company based out of SLC Utah. Went very well! The job seems made for him but they are also interviewing 4 other people for the position and told Rodney they would get back with him within the next couple weeks and that the next step would be to have a face to face interview in Utah.
PHEW! It still wears me out thinking about all the details. Anyways what we are doing now is waiting to hear back from SLC company to see if they are interested in hiring my husband. If they are we will pray about it and find out if it is the right decision to make. IF they don't want to hire him we will move forward with purchasing a house in Lexington. I can't wait to find out what our future involves. Lots of exciting stuff in the works.



3 comments:
Wow! Quite the month you guys have had! I hope all will work out the way you desire. I would love it if y'all moved to SLC!! But if staying in KY is the Lords will, hope you find your dream house soon. Love ya, sucka!
You SERIOUS!?!?! You might be moving here!? That is wicked awesome!! I hope so! I can't wait to hear how it all goes, it sounds like you've been through enough stress already!
Holy moly sister! Crazy month! I'm joining those that would be excited to have you here in UT! Good luck with everything!!!
Post a Comment