Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Utah Trip July 28, Workout of death, Salt Flats and Games with Friends

Saturday morning I ended up going with Desiree' to see her trainer at 8 in the morning. The night before I stayed up WAY too late and only got 3-4 hrs of sleep. It was fun meeting Desiree's trainer but the workout was tough...and it was Desiree's PREGNANCY workout. I admit, I am a wimp. I could tell my legs would be dead when we were done, they were literally shaking at the end of our lunges. Little did I know they would be sore for the next week! As in, walk like an old woman and sit down super slow sore! UGH, anyways...here is a pic after our workout.

Afterwards we planned a mini photo shoot out at the Bonneville Salt Flats. It was quite the drive but it was SO pretty. Such an amazing place, I loved it. It was REALLY hot and windy so we only stayed for 30 minutes I think and the drive was an hour and a half each way.

 Des took this of our family...I love it!

 Posted this picture on facebook with the caption "Set a new land speed record for minivans today at the Bonneville Salt Flats."


 And my amazingly beautiful pregnant sister

On our drive back from the Salt Flats Desiree's check engine light went on. She was afraid that her car might overheat. It ended up not being a problem and she was able to drive home safely.

Right when we got back it was time for some friends to come over to Desiree's to party! Nancy went to the singles branch with Desiree' and Rodney and me. LOVE HER! I used to spend the night at her apartment with her roommates. Unfortunately Nancy's sister Nikki and her family couldn't make it. Sad! We'll have to get together next time.

Nancy came with her husband Michael and cute daughter Sophia. My girls loved playing with her! We had pizza, talked and played a couple games. Way fun. Wish I could see these guys more...miss them!

Billy, Elton!

 cute little sophia fell asleep after eating...she wasn't able to sleep long unfortunately, I think our laughing startled her

 Our group minus Chuck and Desiree'



2 comments:

Nancy said...

Billy! Elton! It was so much fun seeing you and your family! I miss you sucka!

Desiree' said...

What a fun day! I'm so glad you came to work out with me even though you got no sleep the night before AND it made you super sore. It was fun to see the salt flats too. I'm SO glad that family picture turned out even though I couldn't work your camera. :) LOVE the pic you took too. It was so fun to see Nancy and her fam too. GREAT day!