Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Utah Trip, July27th Baby Shower and Dinosaur World!

So, I would assume that most of my friends know this but my sister is pregnant with twin girls and right when I found out she was pregnant I was wanting to throw her a shower this summer knowing that I would be out in UT so it would be the perfect time. Every day leading up to Desiree's baby shower my mom and I were shopping and planning like crazy. I'm glad things came together and that we were able to throw her a shower while we were in town. Desiree's mother in-law was awesome and let us host the party at her house. I spent all day Friday cooking cupcakes, preparing other food and getting decorations together. My mom spent that time sewing Desiree's baby squares together for one of the quilts. I need to get a picture of those quilts...they were looking so darling last time I saw them.


My sister showed up straight from work and we were totally matching...you can't see it but my capris were the same color as the red in her shirt!


These are the little dresses that I bought my nieces!


The following are of some guests who came to the party. More people came but they were just Desiree's friends and the people below are people I recognize, don't hate me ;)

Old friend/neighbor from Orem

my niece Ambri and her stepmom Melissa

Desiree' with my niece Emma

 Des with some friends who used to live in KY

My cousin Jenny, my Aunt Ellen, Desiree', cousin Sherri and her daughter


my childhood friend Brandi that used to live down the street
 My family with the Duerdans
Charisse, Desiree', my mom, Paula, Crystal, Pepper, Me and Brandi

Some decorations my mom and I had for the shower:




 Here is the tablecloth that Rodney and I made...isn't it cute?!

During the shower, Rodney met up with his brother and their fam with our girls and went to Dinosaur World. Here are some cute pictures from their outing.

Uncle Allen with cousin Cameron

 Digging up bones





 This picture cracks me up...makes me think they are in Jurassic Park with dinosaurs attacking them

 Huge velcro dinosaur. It is really neat, you can interchange body parts and create your own dinosaur

 This reminds me of The Godfather. Copper doesn't seem to like it.
 

 The girls with cousin Cameron 

1 comment:

Desiree' said...

I love, love, LOVED my shower!!! You guys put SO much time and effort into it. It turned out PERFECT! Thank you so, so much!