Approx. around 9 the available shows that had extra tickets showed up on the board with the discounted pertcentage next to it. Out of the shows listed we were down to choosing either Newsies or Nice Work the musical. I hadn't heard of the later but it was starring Matthew Broderick and we basically decided that Newsies will eventually travel to Lousiville or Cincinnati but Matthew Broderick wont. Also, an older couple behind us in line had just seen it and were ranting and raving about what a good show it was. Also in the show was Blythe Danner.
Right before the show we gave ourselves enough time to go to the SHAKE SHACK for lunch. The line was out the door, this place was definitely a hot spot. Rodney stood in line waiting to order while I went inside looking for seats.
The place was completely packed the whole time we were there. People are prowling around looking for open seats and if you are lucky enough to see someone get up you jump at the chance to sit where they are. I spotted a couple in the corner of the room who were finishing their meal and asked if I could have there seats when they were finished. They smiled and happily obliged but then this evil middle aged woman swept in and went off on me about how they already had their food and couldn't she just sit down?! Yeah, she was a beast. Needless to say the 6 month pregnant person (me) gave up the seats and the lady ended up realizing her party already found a table so I lost the seats all together. Luckily Rodney found two seats for us. My hero ;)
I really liked the food. Rodney didn't think the burgers even compared to his wonderful 5 napkin burger from the night before. The shakes were to die for though!
Once we arrived at the theatre we were so excited. Our seats were amazing.We ended up getting seats in the front row right behind the orchestra. IT WAS AWESOME! At one point during the show the lead actress climbed out of the orchestra and sat on a small pedestal right in front of me. Had I reached out my hand I could have touched her. We were so close I could see the hairs on her face...and I don't have that great of vision so that means a lot! I would have to say seeing this show was my favorite part of the trip. The music and acting was incredibly fun and the songs were Gershwin.
Here is a video montage of the show. Please watch it, it gives you a hint of how fun it was. Matthew Broderick was exceptional.
After the show Rodney and I were scouting out the different H&M locations. We had gone to one a couple days prior but they didn't carry any children's clothing so we were looking for one that did. After we found it we were shopping there for over an hour and dying because the heat was turned up so high. Rodney was a real trooper. I found some cute stuff for baby #4 and a couple maternity items for me, score!
On the walk home (we walked a lot! Everywhere...miles and miles a day.....) I saw a Joe Fresh. Couldn't believe it. I didn't know they had one in the states. I have a friend who is from Canada who shops there for me (in Canada when she goes home during the year) and brings back the most adorable things for the girls. The styles are very similar to jcrew. Well after being so excited that this little treasure trove appeared we realized after talking to an employee that they didn't carry the children's clothing in the US because it didn't sell as well. Boo!

Afterwards we must have grabbed something for dinner but I am totally blanking on where we went. Must have been fabulous.







1 comment:
Funny the first thing I thought of when you said, "Nice Work" I started sing, "nice work if you can get it! And you can get it if you try!" I love Gershwin. Favorite composer ever.
Post a Comment