Thursday, August 8, 2013

I had a baby!

So, finally getting around to blogging about the birth of my cute little guy. We had a scheduled c-section on June the 4th which was my 39 week mark. This post does contain some bloody pictures so don't read on if you don't want to see that type of thing.

We were asked to arrive at 10am for paper work and the c-section was scheduled for 12. Here is a picture of me in the elevator at the hospital.


All dressed up and ready to have our baby! Getting ready to go in for the surgery :)



Me in surgery. I asked Rodney to video it and he stops right as they get the babies head out. I am bummed that he didn't get the whole thing. He started taking pictures. Keep in mind I never get to see myself having my own babies because of the blue curtain so I am so thankful for modern technology. Like I said at the top of the post, this is graphic...don't watch if this stuff grosses you out.


Our cute little guy is here! Weighing 8lbs. 10oz (exactly what the doctor guessed at my last appt.), 21 inches long


After getting cleaned up a bit


Daddy holding our cutie


me getting to hold the baby for the first time


The girls meeting their baby brother. Copper kept saying "baby, open your eyes". 


Look at this cute face! We have fallen so in love


We had lots of friends and family visit while at the hospital

Grandma and Grandpa Marchant


Grandma and Grandpa Sproul


Aunt Charisse


We also occupied ourselves by having lunch together and taking walks around the hospital as a family

(eating veggie straws)



We kept the babies gift from the girls (blabla panda) in his bed so every time the nurses had to take him back the girls could easily spot him while looking into the windows of the nursery. Isn't he just the cutest! 


Our last supper at the hospital, eating steak and drinking sparkling cider with the hubs



They let me go home a day early. The only downfall to that was checking out at 10pm at night. Thanks to Rodney for putting the girls to bed and my mom for driving me home.


After a couple hectic days it was nice to slowly walk up the stairs to my bedroom and be greeted by this  new cutie! Life is sweet :)


1 comment:

Randomlicious Memoirs said...

What a perfect little bundle of joy! I saw pictures of him on FB and thought what a beautiful baby boy! But so are all your little girls! Boys are so fun! Congrats again so happy for you.