(click image to view larger)The last 7 weeks (before last night) Copper has been sleeping 3 hr. increments during the night. It has been pretty great, I have started feeling normal again...not so much a walking zombie mom. Well I have been keeping her around with us and feeding her more often after about 10, and she would end up going down for the night around midnight. I read a couple days ago in a magazine that although it may seem like the smart thing to do to keep baby up later so they will sleep longer, it can cause them to be overly tired which will draw out the sleeping process and they will wake more often. I decided to put this to the test last night. I fed little Copper around 7:30pm last night and put her to bed at 8 in her crib with a full tummy and bundled in a sleeper sack. Would you believe it, she didn't wake up till 7:00am!!!! That my folks is 11 hours of sleep! I woke up at 4:30 in a bit of pain (nursing mothers out there know what I'm talking about) and looked at the clock and literally thought "what the?!" I couldn't believe it. Sadly I couldn't go back to sleep till about 6:30, but it was cute hearing Copper in the baby monitor doing her little sleep sigh every so often. I sure hope this becomes a regular thing around here...if not I will be kicking myself for jinxing the whole thing by blogging too soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment