She said it perfectly! I was so proud, we had been practicing a lot. During every rehersal she would get nervous and not talk in the microphone but she said it!
There was one funny thing that happened during the program. During the singing of "I am a Child of God" the sunbeams were at the front of the stage leaning on the stand, because they were supposed to do sign language to the music. Bentley had taken a pink bunny with her, that she said would help her say her part earlier in the program.
Her teacher was sitting in the front row of the audience showing the children what to do with their hands during the song. Well, Bentley mouthed to her teacher "I want my bunny." Her teacher said "It's okay, the bunny is here with me," and patted her side. Obviously her teacher wanted her to participate in signing the song so she felt like she would hold the bunny temporarily to keep Bentley's hands free.
Well this was not what Bentley wanted to hear, she threw up her arms and collapsed on the floor. LDS churches have a 3 ft wooden stand that spreads across the stage so you couldn't see her lying on the floor, you just saw her arms fly up limply and all of a sudden she disappeared. After she fell to the ground her teacher leaned forward and tossed the bunny over the stand to her. It was hilarious! Rodney and I were giggling in our chairs. Although this seems like it would have been pretty disruptive, hardly anyone noticed. Kind of sad, cause it was SO funny! Moments like that you wish you had on video.
I also wanted to include a picture of Copper. Our little girl has grown SO much, it is just incredible how much their little bodies grow in the first couple months!
2 comments:
K, that's a funny story. You have a little drama queen! I love it! And Copper just keeps getting more darling!
Haha, that is so funny! That sounds like something Lilly would've done!
Post a Comment