We decided to go to Coney Island afterwards. Getting there by metro it ended up taking an hour both ways since it was in brooklyn. Passing some of the metro stops you could see a big difference from nyc. A lot of the Brooklyn area was run down and spray painted from what I could tell and I was glad we were traveling in the day time.
When we arrived we walked along the dock at Coney Island. EVERYTHING was closed. Only one food place was open and we ended up getting lunch there. We walked along the dock and looked out at the water (which was beautiful). I could see how this would be a fun date place or a fun place to bring your kids when it was open. Maybe one day we will be able to bring our kids here...I know they would love it.
Walking back to the metro we saw an ambulance outside the station with policeman arresting some drunk guy they found on the metro. Nice visual right? Like I said, glad it was daytime and Rodney was with me.
We took the metro back to our hotel and picked up our bags. When talking to a worker at the hotel he took our bags and went outside to hail us a cab to the airport. He ended up getting us a limo! Craziness, the limo driver was asking the same price we would have paid for a cab so we ended up taking a limo to the airport.
We arrived to the airport really early. We didn't know how much time other things in the city would take to look at and wanted to play it safe and make sure we didn't miss our flight back home. Waiting at our delta terminal was interesting. We soon discovered iPads everywhere! They had stations with iPads at every gate, and restaurant. If you went to a restaurant you were told to go on the iPad, look at your menu and then order and pay. I love technology..... anyways, that was the most iPads I have seen in one place, ever.
Rodney and I killed time by watching movies while waiting for our plane. We arrived back in Lexington late that evening and the girls were already in bed. One thing that happened worth blogging about, was the next morning at 5am (the first night back in our own bed) the girls snuck into our room whispering back and forth to eachother. I was thinking...oh, how sweet they couldn't wait to see us. Then Bentley said, "Mommy, can we play on your iPad?". That's right. I took my iPad on the trip and apparently they missed it, a lot. Needless to say they did NOT get to play on the iPad at that moment. Man, I feel like I have typed iPad a million times in this blog post....iPad, iPad, iPad. Okay, all done.
NYC was great! Loved it and was wonderful getting to have alone time with my husband where we didn't have to discuss the kids the whole time or worry about bedtimes, naptimes, school, meals for the kids, work, housework, etc. I am also so grateful for my mom taking care of the girls while I was gone. It was a huge sacrifice and not a lot of people get to go away on trips when their children are young. Also thankful for my dad helping out as well. AND Rodney's parents for driving Bentley to school and watching the girls the last night till we got home from the airport.









2 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a great trip!
I know I am way late on this but I just wanted to tell you I loved reading about your trip! What a fun time! NYC is on my bucket list and you gave me a bunch of great ideas. Happy (early) Anniversary!
Post a Comment